1. If you could be an app what one would you be?
Your favourite podcast app as I'm a chatterbox but also Spotify because music is life!
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Ooh I'm a sucker for bright colours. I'd go a pink, orange or yellow. Can I be all three please?!
3. Would you rather be chased by a 20 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
Omg both of these sound terrifying and I'm very visual so I can imagine it already. I would have to reluctantly choose 20 duck sized horses which still is freaking me out A LOT.
4. What did you have for breakfast?
I had a smoothie packed with lots of goodness. Banana, cacao, peanut butter protein, LSA, maca and flaxseed oil with almond milk
5. Favourite post workout snack?
LOTS of water is all I feel like until I have my next meal
6. What's the longest you've one pair of clothing without washing it?
Oh isn't it the worst when you have to say goodbye to your current favourite piece of clothing while it needs to be washed, worse than a break up. I like my clothes to be clean (doing washing is strangely therapeutic and makes you feel like you have your shit together) so I don't leave my clothes unwashed for long
7. If you were a piece of clothing, what would you be and why?
I live in what I call activewear chic. I would be a snuggly but also chic faux fur jacket that feels like you're wearing a blanket but its still very stylish and cute
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I write, I talk and play music and talk to other people on a microphone so other people can listen to it. I like to make people laugh and feel good about themselves
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
Oooh I love a bit of Britney! Let's go with Oops I Did It Again (it takes you on a journey)
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
EVERYWHERE! Anywhere tropical with lush plants I'm there!
11. What sport do you wish you were pro at?
Um all of them. Elite athletes are incredible. I used to play netball and run competitively so I wish I could be better and faster at that
12. What's your secret talent?
Look I'm secretly a popstar in my spare time you should see the moves and performances. I grew up as a dancer doing ballet, jazz and contemporary dance for 14 years and I'm qualified to teach
13. What motivates you to work hard?
I'm very hard on myself so if I didn't work hard I would be mad at myself (it's a blessing and a curse a lot of the time) but I want to do something meaningful and epic with my life and entertain and help others
14. How would you define being Happily Active?
Being active is so important for my physical and mental health. It's being in a good routine and flow with what is right for me at that point, listening to your body is key
15. If you had a choice between two superpowers, being invisible or flying, which would you choose and why?
That's a tough choice, I'm quite scared of heights so flying would probably freak me out. Can I be difficult and chose another option like being able to teleport to different places like they do on Harry Potter?!
16. If you could compare yourself with any animal, which would it be and why?
Far out hitting me with the tough questions, Hard to pick just one. I'm playful and snuggly (when I want to be) so I probably should be puppy but I also am pretty jealous that cats get to sleep all day even though they're asshole
17. If you could steal credit for any great piece of art, song, film, book etc which one would you claim?
I would like to have been a Spice Girl please. That is all
18. What’s your proudest accomplishment from the last 12 months?
Even though I don't see it as that creating and the growth of The Self-Love Club. The community we're grown together, my listeners and the girls I feature it's a community effort. Also my radio show and the community we built there as well as the ratings which I don't ever talk about those but I moved my day show from a very low spot to #1 and #2 across NZ
19. What are your top three workout songs?
It changes all the time depending what I'm currently loving. Can't go wrong with some gangsta rap. Snoop, 50 cent, Dr Dre, Tupac, Eminem Naations Want Me More is a vibe
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
More mantras I use myself and share with others. You're so much stronger than you realise and you've got this!
Something which is super helpful when you're going through something challenging or feeling anxious is to tell yourself:
- You are strong
- There is nothing wrong with you
- This is all normal human stuff
- You are ok
- You are safe
- You are loved
- You are always going to be ok
- Everything is going to be ok