20 questions to get to know Genevieve Day - Founder/Director/CEO of Day Management
Posted on June 11 2019
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
I usually go by Gen, but I did have 'G'Day' on the back of my year 12 jumper.
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Green! It's just always been my favourite colour for no particular reason at all.
3. Who’s your hero?
So many! My mum, Tina Fey, Lisa Messenger - ambitious and unapologetic women.
4. What did you have for breakfast?
A ham and cheese croissant...whoops
5. How would your friends describe you?
Loyal and hard-working yet silly and funny.
6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
My phone - isn't that bad! I rely on it so much for work and for fun as well with my favourite music and podcasts.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Being late. I absolutely hate running behind schedule and being left waiting.
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I get to work with beautiful people all day long!
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
Firstly, I've been known to hog the mic at karaoke. My go-to is Valerie but I also love a Grease Megamix duet moment.
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Japan! Still on my bucket list.
11. What's your secret talent?
I can still do the splits!
12. What motivates you to work hard?
I've always felt a fire in my belly that makes me want to do the best job I possibly can. Competing against myself to strive harder and do better - because the results are worth it and achieving those milestones feels so damn good.
13. How would you define being Happily Active?
Working out because you want to, not because you have to. And working out with friends!
14. If you had a warning label, what would yours say and why?
Grumpy when hungry.
15. What makes you laugh the most?
Silly TV sit-coms like 30 Rock, Arrested Development, the Office.
16. What’s your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
I'm loving my morning routine of going to the gym with a group of girlfriends. We get to catch up and hang out way more often, and keeps us all accountable.
17. What would you do if you won the lottery?
Buy a Hermes Birkin bag, or maybe two.
18. If you could be anyone else for the day who would it be and why?
Not a person but I'd love to be a puppy for a day. No responsibilities and endless cuddles and naps.
19. What are your top three workout songs?
Black Skinhead - Kanye West. Monster - Kanye West. Stronger - Kanye West. I like Kanye West haha.
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm!
Find Genevieve on Instagram: @genevieve_day
Gen is wearing our Mobile Maia Crop & Lively Lilly Leggings in the feature image. Shop now