20 questions to get to know Georgia Mort - Family Lawyer & Yoga Instructor
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
Most people call me “George” or “G” but my Dad has called me “Porge” since I was little.
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Yellow!! Yellow is my favourite colour as I find it brings happiness, hope and symbolises the sun.
3. Who's your hero?
My Nanny – she is the most selfless, motivating, caring and empowering woman. If you ever get the pleasure to meet her, you will not believe she is 81 years of age…
4. What did you have for breakfast?
I actually intermittent fast usually until 12pm so don’t generally have breakfast! I find it helps with my digestion and keeps my mind clear – I do not recommend it for everyone though!!
5. How would your friends describe you?
Stoic, Determined, Positive and Calm.
6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
I know this is a lot or to get done before the day starts but naturally I’m a disciplined person so I love to prime myself for the day with a morning routine. Such routine involves: my run, my morning yoga practice, morning meditation practice, my nauli practice, my ACV/seaweed/ginger shot and body brushing routine. (I will just pretend that is one thing…)
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
As a family lawyer, I help people go through one of the most difficult and stressful times of their lives.
As a yoga teacher, I help people ground themselves and move their bodies with breath.
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
I love to sing in private with the piano haha so it is very likely I will leave the microphone to someone else in a karaoke setting!!
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Anywhere I have never been before. I love exploring new places and new cultures.
11. What's your secret talent?
I can walk on my hands.
12. What motivates you to work hard?
In all honesty, the mantra “to be the best version of yourself.” I am motivated to beat my own goals and to push myself outside of comfort zones. I think people need to remember that we are all unique and it is important to remain focused on your own journey and own path.
13. If you had a warning label, what would yours say and why?
I asked my brother this question and he said…VEGAN.
14. How would you define being Happily Active?
Being Happily Active, is being confident in your skin, working out to feel great in your body and to move your body to improve your overall health and wellbeing – ultimately, letting go of the aesthetics, and exercising for pure enjoyment.
15. What makes you laugh the most?
My sister Olivia in general – she’s the best.
16. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I know it is a boring answer but I would keep it a secret…I would keep doing what I’m doing but perhaps travel a lot more, buy a few properties, who knows???
17. What's your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
A part from my unconditional love for Yoga and my morning run, I’m mixing up my active routine at the moment with Boxing, Pilates, PT and Spin - I have started to become more open to different ways to exercise. So I think my favourite way is to not say NO, especially if it is your ego holding you back. Be open to everything – unless you have an injury of course!!!!
18. If you could be anyone else for the day who would it be and why?
To be in the mind of the Dalai Lama. I think we could all learn a lot from him.
19. What are your top three workout songs?
Embarrassingly, I like to run to really lame slow dramatic tunes. I love to practice yoga to RY X or Fakear and I love to box/spin to anything Kanye related.
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
To live each day like it is your last.
Find Georgia on Instagram: @gmort
Georgia is wearing our Mobile Maia Set in the feature image. Shop now