20 questions to get to know Lottie Maynard - Pilates, Barre Instructor and Co-Owner of Studio Combined
Posted on February 12 2020
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
My full name is Charlotte but Lottie has been my nickname since I was born. When I get called Charlotte, a lot the time, I don’t realise people are talking to me - I promise I’m not being rude or ignoring you!
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Pink! Although my non activewear wardrobe is mainly black, grey and white , I can’t resist pink (especially when it comes to trainers!)! Girly girl at heart!
3. Who's your hero?
My parents – they are both the most incredible people!!
4. What did you have for breakfast?
My go to smoothie – banana, strawberries, blueberries, almond butter, almond milk, vanilla protein and flax seed – it's delicious and so filling. I always make it the night before so I can grab and go on my way to teach my first class.
5. Favourite post workout snack?
Coffee, always! Sometimes even pre!
6. What makes you laugh the most?
My friends and family. I love those moments where you laugh so much your cheeks (or abs if you've done a workout!) hurt!
7. What does your perfect day look like?
Some sort of movement to start my day (pilates, barre or going for a walk), followed by coffee. Then spending the day either relaxing at the beach or having a super productive day where I knock off everything on my "to do list". At 5pm I reward myself with a wine, or two.
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I keep people fit, healthy and happy through movement!
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
This is a great question!! I would sing "I wanna dance with somebody" by Whitney Houston (badly I might add!)
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
I really want to go to Bali! I was meant to go for my birthday last year but my passport had expired (huge lesson learnt…!). So it's still on my bucket list. I also want to explore New Zealand!
11. If you could give one piece of advice to your younger self what would it be, and why?
The late nights, the failed exams, missing out on social events to study, the heart break, the days where you question your career path, it’s all worth it, just keep going!! And don’t dye your hair bleach blonde, it will take you years to fix!
12. What's your secret talent?
I'm a secret nerd. I love excel spreadsheets and maths! It's the inner accountant in me!
13. What motivates you to work hard?
My clients and their feedback. When I hear that they are feeling stronger, happier, healthier or more toned, it makes all those early starts worth it.
14. How would you define being Happily Active?
Balance. Do your steps, go to Pilates, eat your greens but equally enjoy that glass of wine, chocolate bar or pizza
15. What sport do you wish you were a pro at?
Tennis! I love the atmosphere during a tennis match, and how passionate everyone is for that one player representing their country. Plus I love the tennis outfits!
16. If you could compare yourself with any animal, which would it be and why?
Probably an Owl! On one hand, they are deemed to be wise, smart, content, peaceful - and then on the other hand it's the complete opposite - they are amazing hunters and go after what they want! I love that! I think my personality resonates a little bit like an Owl; content and peaceful one moment, and then getting sh*t done the next!
17. What’s your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
At the moment I am doing about 4 pilates classes a week (sometimes mixing it up with barre) and I aim to walk 10,000 steps a day. I'm terrible at drinking water, so a huge focus for me at the moment is to drink 2 liters a day.
18. What's your proudest achievement in the last 12 months?
Opening up my own barre, pilates and yoga studio - Studio Combined
19. What are your top three workout songs?
For a barre class: Black Caviar – lady hear me tonight
For an inspiring "girl power" vibe: Little mix and Banx & Ranx remix - Woman like me
For a chilled Pilates vibe: Emma Louise - Jungle
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
I have one that has stuck with me for years. I saw it when I was studying for my accountancy exams back in London, when I was sitting in Starbucks revising. "I'm going to make you so proud - Note to Self" by DulceRuby.
Find Lottie on Instagram: @pilateswithlottie
Lottie is wearing our blue Electric Eva Set in the feature image. Shop now