20 questions to get to know Rach Jay - Pilates Trainer, Founder of Core30, Co-Founder of The MVMT MTHD
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
Most people just call me "Rach". And a special rare few people call me "Ray" :)
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Maybe an edible boysenberry one. Swirls of white and purple. Because...why not?
3. Who’s your hero?
I'd admire a lot of people but particularly Angelina Jolie. She's had an incredible career as an actress, but her social impact work also inspires me a lot.
4. What did you have for breakfast?
A ham, cheese and tomato croissant and a decaf long mach. I am a big fan indulging in moderation :)
5. How would your friends describe you?
Calm, determined, fun and loving.
6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Moving my body..and writing...and meditation... wait that's more than one
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
When people are clearly turning, but don't indicate......just why?
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I help people get stronger and fitter.
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
Break Up With Your Girlfriend - Ariana Grande...probably wouldn't be great at it though!
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Oh so many places. The Maldives, Greek Islands, Italy..
11. What's your secret talent?
I've been an actor for over 15 years...it's probably not much of a secret haha
12. What motivates you to work hard?
All the people I train or who are part of my Core30 community - I feel accountable to them. I feel like I have a responsibility to bring my A game to every class and every piece of content I put out. They motivate me to bring my best self, so I can help them be their best selves.
13. How would you define being Happily Active?
To me it means finding some form of movement that inspires you and makes you feel great! Sometimes I think we can put too much pressure on ourselves, when at the end of the day you want your movement to be enjoyable.
14. If you had a warning label, what would yours say and why?
Eat my chips and we are no longer friends.
15. What makes you laugh the most?
Being silly. And some of my fave comedy tv shows - Friends, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother
16. What’s your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
I started running about 6 months ago and have been loving that (I have moments when I don't but for the most part I do enjoy it!). And lately have been getting back into weights training. But I love trying new things - which is why Ash and I started The Mvmt Mthd. To get out of our comfort zones and experience new ways of moving our bodies. There's been a few different things we've done that have been really fun!
17. What would you do if you won the lottery?
How much are we talking here? Like...millions? I'd definitely keep doing what I'm doing and invest more into my business so I could help more people. I'd buy a few more investment properties. And do some travelling to those places I mentioned earlier.
18. If you could be anyone else for the day who would it be and why?
Meghan Markle. Now that she's a Duchess...I'd want to know what that would be like, to be a royal but also to be able to make a social impact on that level.
19. What are your top three workout songs?
Hm..probably Travis Scott - Sicko Mode, Kendrick Lamar - Humble and Andy Mineo - Keepin It Movin'
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
"Not giving a f*ck doesn't mean being indifferent, it means being comfortable with being different" - Mark Manson, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F*ck
Rach is wearing our black Mobile Maia Set in the feature image. Shop now
*A Special Core30 Offer*