20 questions to get to know Shani Timms - Owner of Keep it Simple Shani
Posted on February 21 2019
1. If you could be an app what one would you be?
Something not yet invented to help entrepreneurs … watch this space :)
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Denim - yuppp don't know how this colour would be created but we will make it happen. Denim is timeless... and best doubled up ;)
3. Would you rather be chased by a 20 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
20 duck sized horses would be fun... I would probably keep them all as pets.
4. What did you have for breakfast?
This morning I had a smoothie... Berries, Almond Milk, Frozen Coconut, Zucchini (give it a go) & Pea Protein Powder
5. Favourite movie of the last 12 months?
This is a hard one because I have a horrible memory haha but I would have to say 'Love Simon'.
6. What’s the longest you’ve worn one pair of clothing without washing it?
(Denim again) I hardly ever wash my denim jacket... mainly because I only sling it over my shoulder rather than wear it normally #bloggermuch haha (facepalm)
7. If you were a piece of clothing, what would you be and why
If I said denim jacket here it would be too much SO I would be swimwear. Not technically clothing but my dream is it live in a destination where it is sunny all year round and I get to wear bikinis every day.
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I make yummy & healthy food.
9. Who would play you in a movie?
Hermione, Ron or Harry from Harry Potter or Jake Sully from Avatar.
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Anywhere that is hotter than 27 degrees, has a beach & the sun is shining :)
11. What sport do you wish you were pro at?
Pro Water Skier for sure...
12. What’s your secret talent?
Doing the worm or making the sound of ripping paper with my mouth.
13. Favourite meal to cook?
Any type of curry... I love Indian food.
14. How would you define being Happily Active?
Being Happily Active means enjoying the gift of movement and exercise. It's not seen as a task or chore... its something we enjoy doing and look forward to!
15. If you had a choice between two superpowers, being invisible or flying, which would you choose and why?
Flying ... I love the idea of soaring above the world and seeing everything from a different perspective.
16. What would you say your greatest achievements have been over the past 12 months?
Catering for Beyond The Valley music festival... we pumped out around 3500 meals for the staff over 5 days! Also starting my business in April of 2018. That was the scariest and most nerve wracking time of my life... but also the most rewarding!
17. If you could steal credit for any great piece of art, song, film, book etc which one would you claim?
'The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari' - Robin Sharma ... I wish to be as knowledgable & worldly as Robin some day.
18. A six-year-old child asks you if Santa Claus is real…. What do you say?
As long as you believe, you receive
19. Would you let us hook up your ‘Recently Played’ list on Spotify to the office speakers?
Yes absolutely ... I have three playlists... Trap, Not Trap & Defs Not Trap haha
20. What’s your favourite quote/mantra and why?
'Its not rejection - its redirection' - So many times in our life when things don't work out how we wanted it to we get down & dwell on the situation as a failure... but if we look back & reflect, we can see that this was merely a redirection to a better path or situation. You may not see this new path at the time - but it will show itself sooner or later. As cliche as it sounds, everything happens for a reason. Just sit back, hold tight... the universe has a plan!
Shani is wearing our Zippy Zoe Singlet & Lively Lilly Leggings in the feature image. Shop now