20 questions to get to know Tara Teakle - Head Trainer F45 Williamsburg
Posted on July 08 2019
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
I think all Australian’s have nicknames…Even our names have slang, lol. I was TJ (or even Teej) in high school, but since getting married and acquiring an alliterated name, I am now TT.
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Crayons come in glitter, don’t they???
3. Who's your hero?
Anyone who has overcome adversity, despite the odds being against them!
4. What did you have for breakfast?
I love a breakie tasting plate… actually I like tasting plates at any time of day, but my breakie tasting plate usually consists of boiled eggs, a big dollop of cottage cheese, and heaps of veggies.
5. How would your friends describe you?
OCD would definitely be in there!
6. Do you prefer working out in the morning or afternoon and why?
Morning, and preferably at 6am! If I don’t get my sweat on before 10am, it pretty much doesn’t happen. I have all of the energy in the morning and all of the excuses in the evening! I do like walking the pooch in the evening though.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Backtracking. If I forget something, I prefer to go without it than backtrack to get it. Oh, and smoking.
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I play in a big colourful playground all day!!!
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
I believe she question should be ‘What song DO you sing at Karaoke night’! Don’t Stop Believin' - because as corny as it is, it is true. Also because I LOOOOVE the 80s, it has a very catchy tune, and it sits right in my vocal range!
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Where in the world WOULDN'T I like to holiday? I live to travel, so I am up for anywhere. The world is my oyster!
11. What's your secret talent?
Not many people in the fitness industry know that I am (or was) a pretty good jazz dancer!
12. What motivates you to work hard?
I am very intrinsically motivated, so usually my own passion drives me to achieve.
13. If you had a warning label, what would yours say and why?
No smoking (see question 7).
14. How would you define being Happily Active?
To me, happily active means having a love for movement - whatever form that is! My love for movement started in dance, but it grew to sport and later, fitness as I grew older. If we are happily active, then we will always be active… and that it is so important for long term heath!!!
15. What makes you laugh the most?
Probably my Dog, Boston. He is a beagle and is constantly making me laugh with his cheeky Beagle antics (usually to do with stealing food).
16. What's your favourite F45 class and why?
Arghhhhhhhhh… I hate this question, because there are so many. I love to sprint, so I love the shorter timings for cardio… so Athletica, Abacus and Triple Double are winners. I love to overload muscle groups in strength sessions…So Panthers, Romans and Tokyo Disco are also great chicken dinners!
17. What's your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
F45 - and it has been that way for 4.5 years now!
18. If you could be anyone else for the day who would it be and why?
Who’s that guy that turned water into wine??? I would be him on a Friday night (outside the F45 8 Week Challenge, of course) for sure!
19. What are your top three workout songs?
Anything 80s that I can dance to in the rest periods!
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
If it doesn’t challenge you, it doesn’t change you! I love a good challenge. How can we expect to grow if we are not being challenged?
Tara is wearing our Zippy Zoe Singlet & Lively Lilly Leggings in the feature image. Shop now