20 questions to get to know Tully Smyth - Influencer
Posted on May 29 2019
1. If you could be an app what one would you be?
You know, I guess you'd assume I'd say Instagram but I'm obsessed with Co-Star at the moment. I wasn't someone who was always into astrology but a girlfriend of mine is all about it and when you dive deeper and start to notice similarities and common traits amongst the star signs...it's hard not to drink the Koolaid! Co-Star tells you the kind of day you'll have, what you'll struggle with or succeed in based on your birth chart. You can also add your friends and see how you both connect and clash. It's really fascinating stuff. FYI I'm a Libra with a Virgo rising and Leo moon.
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Can I be a sparkly glitter crayon? Rainbow glitter. I'm such a mixed bag, personality wise, it seems fitting.
3. Who's your hero?
Such a cliche but my Dad. He has been dealt a pretty crappy card in life but has never once complained, he just gets on with it, loving us unconditionally.
4. What did you have for breakfast?
I had an omelette with cherry tomatoes and cheese! It's about the only thing I can cook because there is little to no room to fail.
5. How would your friends describe you?
Fiercely loyal. Over-sensitive. Organised. Thoughtful.
6. What’s the longest you’ve worn one pair of clothing without washing it?
Oh god. I've had my Ena Pelly leather jacket for over a year, I wear it almost every day and it's yet to see the dry cleaners... is that bad? Am I failing as an adult?
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Flakey friends. If I say I'm going to be somewhere or do something- I'm there.
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I take pretty pictures and hope that other people like them.
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
"Take Me Or Leave Me" from RENT the musical. It's technically a duet but I know both parts off by heart.
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Japan! Japan has been next on my list for so, so long now. I want to head over for cherry blossom season. Tasmania is also somewhere I've yet to explore but have been itching to get down there.
11. What's your secret talent?
I can fit my whole fist in my mouth. Not pretty but always earns respect from a crowd.
12. What motivates you to work hard?
I made a decision a while ago to not spend one single minute doing something I wasn't passionate about. I would rather be poor and happy than be rolling around in my money, miserable. And if you love what you do, you don't need motivation. You just want to smash it and keep reaching new goals.
13. If you had a warning label, what would your say and why?
Storm In A Teacup. I may look innocent or unassuming but I pack a punch.
14. How would you define being Happily Active?
"Happily Active" to me is about moving your body in a way that works for you. If that's running, great. If it's though dance or yoga or HIIT training, awesome. As long as you're moving your body and feeling those endorphins, it's hard not to be happy.
15. What makes you laugh the most?
My friends. Snapchat filters. Babies. Bad Lip Reading videos on YouTube.
16. What's your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
I train most mornings with a group of girlfriends and it's like killing two birds with one stone. We get to gossip and catch up, whilst burning cals and getting fit. I always bounce back to my car, feeling 110% better than when I woke up.
17. Favourite meal to cook?
I've recently been perfecting my banana bread recipe; I'm definitely more of a "baker" than a "cook".
18. If you could be anyone else for the day who would it be and why?
It would have to be one of the Kardashians, surely? Just to experience what it's like to live a life with absolutely no limits. To live that excessively... I can't even imagine what that would be like.
19. Would you let us hook up your ‘Recently Played’ list on Spotify to the office speakers?
Absolutely! Although it's going to be a wild ride haha
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
Love rewards the brave. Because I'm a hopeless romantic and wouldn't know how to be any other way!
Find Tully on Instagram: @tee_smyth
Tully is wearing our navy Mobile Maia Set in the feature image. Shop now