‘The body benefits from movement, the mind benefits from stillness.’ – Sakyong Mipham
- Move your body daily. Find an exercise that you enjoy doing and do it every day. Cover your body in sweat every day, you will be surprised how good you will feel after.
- Make sure you are doing it for the right reasons. Do not exercise as punishment for a bad diet or because you don’t like your body. Do it because you want to improve your health and create a healthy relationship around your fitness.
- Find a workout you love. There are so many new and exciting workout programs that you can try. You don’t have to be slogging it out at the gym if you’re not enjoying it. Try exploring different workouts such as reformer pilates, yoga, group training such as F45.
- Set some fitness goals. Having a fitness goal is so important so you have something to aim for every day. Set yourself some achievable goals that may push you out of your comfort zone. Aim to do something every day to get you that little bit closer to achieving those goals. Share your goals with someone, it will help to keep you accountable.
- Change up the times you workout. It is important to keep your body guessing and that doesn’t just mean changing up your workouts but also changing the time of day that you train. Mix it up during the week, go some mornings and some evenings, keep your muscles guessing.
- Take a magnesium supplement everyday. Magnesium has many great benefits for our bodies not to mention it aids us in muscle recovery.
- Workout Wingman. Find a workout partner who will push you. Someone who you can have fun with while working your butts off. You are more likely to want to workout if you’re having fun doing it.
- New workout gear. New workout gear can make you feel great and give you confidence to push yourself harder and smash your workouts.
- Diet. The truth is you cannot out exercise a bad diet. Remove the word diet from your life completely and find a balance. As soon as you put yourself on a diet you are more likely to break it and binge on all the foods you were trying to avoid in the first place. Create a balanced meal plan and indulge in small portions, life is too short not to eat the foods you love.
- Rest and recover. It is so important to have rest days to allow your body to recover. Enjoy a bath with epsom salts, it will not only help relax your muscles but it will also calm your mind.
Enjoy moving every day.