Get ready to meet Ava - She's a power pilates princess, talented songbird, poet and loves talking about space. There's more to this girl than meets the eye
1. Have you ever had a nickname?
2. You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What colour would you be and why?
Sparkly like the galaxy.
3. Who’s your hero?
JLo. Yeah Ma! and Alan Watts.
4. What did you have for breakfast?
Acai bowl with extra granola and pistachio almond butter.
5. How would your friends describe you?
I asked my friends the first thing they said is BUBBLY! I smile and laugh too much especially at myself. My laugh makes other people laugh (more of a cackle!). Sometimes i get into a laughing fit and i can't stop. I have too much energy for a little engine. I love everyone to be themselves and feel good.
6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
Techno-house and jazz. (music)
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
8. How would you describe your job to a child?
I teach fitness/pilates and i'm a singer/entertainer - I'M A BOSS LADY SWEET CHILD! And full-time fun-haver.
9. What song would you sing at karaoke night?
GEESUS tough to answer!! Right now? No Diggity by Blackstreet
10. Where in the world would you love to go on holiday?
Tel Aviv or Amalfi Coast.
11. What's your secret talent?
I can write a poem or song in 5-10 minutes. I could sit and write and write and write and write. Like a faucet it just pours out. Poetry is my absolute indulgence.
12. What motivates you to work hard?
Knowing I'm helping people and contributing to the world in a positive way. With my unique spin, making things better.
13. How would you define being Happily Active?
Taking care of all the 'bodies' the soul houses that is - Heart, Mind, Body, Soul. Your emotional, spiritual, mental and physical health. Exercise that is strengthening as well as aligning and balancing like pilates and resistance training. Do things that feed your soul like journaling, experiencing new things, going on adventures and traveling, vibing to your favourite music. Stepping out of your comfort zone and expanding your dimensions. Spend time alone. Do things that keep your mind calm and clear like meditation and yoga. Do things that help you feel abundance, help you stay in your power - things you do on your own to feel good. It's the only way you can truly live a 'happily active' AUTHENTIC life. Authenticity is key.
14. If you had a warning label, what would yours say and why?
PREPARE TO LAUGH, HAVE FUN, ADVENTURE, GO DEEP & DISCO.
15. What makes you laugh the most?
Other people laughing. At me mostly. I love silly.
16. What’s your favourite way to get Happily Active at the moment?
I train 6-days per week my signature method of power-pilates :) I fuel my body with a plant-based diet (i'm vegan). I do meditative stretch first thing in the morning and sometimes at night and say my gratitude mantra's. I journal every day. I follow the moon. I write poetry. I rehearse each day (singing). I hop on the decks a couple times per week (DJ). I listen to music throughout the day anything from house music to techno to jazz to soul to funk to "God" music (meditative music). All of the things. If you don't have a powerful spaceship (body) you won't last the journey.
17. What would you do if you won the lottery?
I would have an island home with a music studio and a studio to train.
18. If you could be anyone else for the day who would it be and why?
JLo. Because she's the bossiest boss b*tch there is. And i'd take serious notes. Respect for the woman who figured sht out!
19. What are your top three workout songs?
Techno by Ame & Dixon. Travis Scott. Drake. At the moment anything by those folks.
20. What's your favourite quote/mantra and why?
REMEMBER WHO WEARS THE SPACESUIT. Find your own frequency. Stay in your power. Live authentic. Help others feel the same :)
Find Ava on Instagram: @Avadavid_
Ava is wearing our Mobile Maia Crop & Lively Lilly Leggings in the feature image. Shop now