Five tips to making it to a 6am workout:
- Lay your clothes out. Make sure you have your gym outfit laid out the night before including your socks and shoes. You will be able to roll out of bed and chuck them on in the morning without even having to think.
- Set a bedtime. Aim for 7.5-8hrs sleep a night, this will allow your body to recover and refuel your energy levels for the next day. Try to start winding down an hour before your set bedtime, switch off from social media and screens, read a book, have a bath, do something that will put you in to a relaxed state and help you to fall asleep.
- STOP pressing snooze! This speaks for itself. You will just make it so much harder to get out of bed if you press snooze. Make sure you set your alarm at the time you have to get up so that there is no temptation to press snooze.
- Set your fitness goals. Remind yourself daily of your fitness goals, and push yourself every day to get a little bit closer to them. Your body is an amazing thing, make sure you keep pushing yourself to become stronger every day. Remind yourself of these goals when you are struggling to get out of bed in the morning.
- Have a coffee/pre workout. If you are struggling to wake up have a shot of coffee or a scoop of pre workout. You may find it is the kick you need to get going.
If you are looking for a change in your workout and you are an afternoon gym goer, try and set your alarm for an AM workout and see how it can transform your day. You will not only find you have more hours in your day, you will also have more energy. Going in the morning also means you are more likely to go, as if you go at night you have the whole day to come up with excuses.
Give the AM sweat a go and see how it makes you feel